A Poetic Essay

5.07.2019

Mask in Fairyland



I see a smile draw in my face
I look in the mirror if it is just a fake
I could tell that is just a mere mistake
‘Coz behind the smile is a heart that aches

I hear the sounds of my laugh
I made a joke, but I know it was just a bluff
I’ll be fooling myself even if it is tough
Pretending I am happy though I know I was cut

I’m living in my fairyland
That never knows the sadness that I have
I have the love that I needed in my life
And the happiness that serves as my light

But reality kicks in every night
‘Cause it was a place made out lies
A dream that I created in my mind
For me to run and my pain to hide

I’m asking myself
How long will it take?
How long will I cry?
How long my feelings should hide?

I didn’t even bother to think that I was wrong
For sometimes it makes me feel I’m strong
To face the truth that I am living all alone
After I take off the mask that I made to fool

Someday I wanna see myself smiling
Without a doubt that I’m only dreaming
Without looking back and see myself crying

Someday I want my life full of love and giggling








Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blog Archive